What are mycotoxicoses? Simply put, mycotoxicoses are any types of poisons that affect the nervous system. In other words, mycotoxicoses are substances or products that are toxic to the brain, nerves, kidneys, liver, lungs and other organs. This article will go into more detail about what mycotoxicoses are, and how you can recognize when you may have eaten a contaminated food product. However, remember that the information given on this page is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or poison control center.
What are mycotoxicoses? In the medical community, mycotoxicosis is commonly referred to as mycotoxicosis, or toxic poisoning, because the symptoms and signs of the disease resemble many types of poisonous diseases. Symptoms of mycotoxicosis generally include:
Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea are generally observed along with other gastrointestinal complaints such as constipation, heartburn, and other acid reflux problems. Additional symptoms may also be experienced such as: anxiety, depression, mania, and abnormal thinking. If you or someone you know has become sick with symptoms of mycotoxicosis, it’s important to consult a doctor for confirmation.
How do mycotoxicoses occur? Methyl, ethylene, and propylene glycol are common ingredients found in processed foods and may contain mycotoxins. Methyl and ethylene are often added to produce a foam-like substance for stabilizing food, while propylene glycol is added for its efficacy in plastic processing. Other common mycotoxicoses that may be present in food products include pesticides, industrial waste, and pharmaceutical drugs.
Who is at risk for mycotoxicosis? Methyl, ethylene, and propylene glycol are all known mycotoxicogens. A diet high in these chemicals may increase the risk of mycotoxicosis by affecting the liver’s ability to metabolize dietary substances and remove toxins. Some studies show that mycotoxicosis may occur more frequently in individuals with pre-existing liver diseases.
Symptoms of mycotoxicosis vary significantly. In a number of cases, symptoms have only been present for a short period of time. In others mycotoxicosis may develop slowly over time. While some people may show symptoms only on occasion, others may suffer from symptoms of mycotoxicosis on a daily basis.
Common medications that are involved in mycotoxicosis include chemotherapy agents, oral contraceptives, and antihistamines. Medical treatments for mycotoxicosis may also involve taking of potent immunosuppressants. Medications may be prescribed to help control symptoms of mycotoxicosis. These medications, however, should only be used under close medical supervision, and regular monitoring for signs of toxicity may be required. In severe cases, mycotoxicosis can lead to life-threatening complications.
Individuals who experience symptoms of mycotoxicosis should contact their health care provider immediately. Medical treatment may be required to remove potentially harmful mycotoxins. Also, to prevent further cytotoxicity, mycotoxicoses should be monitored and treated. For example, some researchers have advised the reduction or elimination of certain food products from the diet. By doing so, mycotoxicoses may be less likely to develop.
Prevention of cytotoxicity is difficult. Some factors such as temperature, environment, and metabolism may affect the risk of developing cytotoxicity. Individuals suffering from mycotoxicosis should avoid eating food that is contaminated with toxins. It is also recommended that heavy metals are avoided.
Treatment of cytotoxicity can be difficult, particularly when it involves the removal of toxic chemicals from the body. Although most cytotoxicity symptoms are generally mild, severe cases can result in severe symptoms including memory loss, convulsions, coma, respiratory failure, and liver disease. For this reason, it is imperative that individuals report their symptoms to a doctor at the first sign of cytotoxicity. Mycotoxicosis has been linked to extremely serious health conditions including chronic liver disease, kidney failure, and diabetes.
Mentioned earlier are a number of medications that can cause cytotoxicity. Some of these medications include chemotherapy drugs, anabolic steroids, nicotine, and alcohol. Long-term exposure to these medications may also result in mycotoxicosis. One of the most common mycotoxicoses to occur is due to quinine sulfate antibiotics. A variety of mycotoxicoses that have been linked to quinine sulfate antibiotics include Leaky Gut Syndrome, Stomatitis, and Systemic Yeast Infections (SSI). It is imperative that individuals who take these medications know about the potential side effects associated with them and obtain further information from their physicians.
Common symptoms of cytotoxicity may include skin rashes, gastrointestinal symptoms, liver damage, and mycotoxicosis-related fertility problems. As cytotoxicity has been linked to a number of different health problems, it is crucial that individuals seek medical attention if they are experiencing any mycotoxicosis symptoms. Common signs and symptoms that may suggest cytotoxicity include loss of appetite, lethargy, muscle weakness, flu-like symptoms, and severe headaches. Individuals should be aware that mycotoxicosis has the ability to affect almost everything in the body and should be treated immediately if they notice any cytotoxicity symptoms.